Monday, August 30, 2010

OPI DS Original (Review)

Lately, I've been on a holographic kick and have been obsessed with Nfu-Oh polishes. I thought I'd take a break from Nfu-Oh goodness and divert my attention to the OPI Designer Series holos. Boy am I glad that I did. OPI DS Original is purple holographic good. Compared to the Nfu-Oh and China Glaze holos, the particles are more scattered and not as dense, and it showed when it came to application. I used a base coat of Nfu Oh Aqua Base Coat, 3 Coats of OPI DS Original, and a top coat of Seche Vite. OPI holos are great because they dry to a shiny finish; so you can choose to skip top coat. For me, I usually hope that a manicure lasts nearly a week, so I used top coat and it didn't dull the holo effect in the slightest. Another plus is the wear time. My job requires a lot of typing and there has been zero chips *knock on wood* so far. I know a lot of holos will chip even with top coat; they are notoriously worse without it. OPI DS Original is definitely the most durable out of the lot by far. Now if you'll excuse me, I will go back to staring at the holographic awesomeness.

DISCLAIMER: The product(s) in this post was/were purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment