Sunday, May 23, 2010

Goodies!

I received my Color Club order earlier last week from Head2ToeBeauty (www.head2toebeauty.com); bought two Claire's polishes yesterday; and bought a jar of The Apothecary hand cream today.

First up, the Color Club haul:


In all their glory...


From left to right: Oooo La La, Front Row Diva, Pardon My French


From left to right: Oh Naturale, Fashion Addict, Revvvolution

All gorgeous colours IRL, but I have sadly only managed to try one colour: Fashion Addict. Fashion Addict is a gorgeous lilac holo and is very dense in colour. I only needed two coats to achieve full opacity but there is just one little problem - it chips ridiculously fast. We are talking within a matter of hours of drying here. At first, I thought it was because I tried the whole Seche Vite as base coat experiment but I had noticed that the few nails that only had Fashion Addict on were chipping as badly. I don't know if I just applied it on wrong and perhaps needed a base coat or if the formula was wonky. It's such a shame, because it is probably the prettiest shade of purple nail polish I've got.


On the the next one, the Claire's haul:


Glisten, Heart Princess

These two gems are still looking pretty in their bottles. I bought them because I was so fascinated with Claire's' mixable nail polishes, but it was buy one get one 1/2 price so I got suckered into buying Glisten as well.


Last but not least, The Apothecary hand cream: *My best buy*

I picked up this jar of awesomeness for $6.99 at...*drum roll please* Homesense! This stuff is heaven for your hands, nails, and cuticles. It's rich but not in excess, so it doesn't leave your hands feeling sticky and greasy. It also absorbs well into the skin quickly so you get instant dryness relief. The best part? The scent is incredible. I love body product based on honey and/or almonds; lo and behold, this smelt like honey AND almonds. I think I'm in heaven! Who would've thought that Homesense would have hidden treasures like this? I also bought my typical Joico shampoo and conditioner for $14.99 each - the conditioner usually sells for around $21! Talk about a sweet deal :)

I've got another nail polish order coming in (hopefully) this week and I believe I will be done, at least until the China Glaze fall collection comes out. I'm excited for that collection...I'm also excited that the Blackhawks are moving on to the Stanley Cup final for the first time in 18 years! Byfuglien has been clutch...kinda reminds me of the Gelinas of 2004 *sigh*. Anyways, next post is a nail polish review!

No comments:

Post a Comment